Graham Dumpleton wrote:
Jim Gallacher wrote ..

Jim Gallacher wrote:

Now that 3.2.7 is out, should we be changing the status resolved issues
to closed in JIRA.

If that is what closed implies. Is there somewhere which states what we
should interprete the different status as meaning? I don't recollect seeing
anything unless I am missing the obvious.

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/v3.3.2/statuses.html

The status of an issue cannot be changed once it has been marked as closed.

Other JIRA thoughts:

Should we have a "unit test" component for bugs in the actual unit test
code?

Since we plan on having 3.2.x bugfix releases, should create new JIRA versions starting with 3.2.7?

No harm in doing so. Probably would only be used if reported by someone
else or change is not simple. For the simple stuff, like basic auth, easier to
just fix it on the spot, although I am tending towards thinking having a
JIRA issue for all changes is a good goal.

I guess I'm just looking for a bit of clarity. Let's say we make a 3.2.10 bugfix release. A JIRA issue which is fixed in 3.2.10 gets marked as fixed in 3.2. A user looks at the issue and says "Great, I'm using 3.2.7, and it says it's fixed in 3.2, so I must be ok".

Jim