Brett C. wrote:
Scott David Daniels wrote:

I'm hoping to add BZIP2 compression to zipfile for 2.5.  My primary
motivation is that Project Gutenberg seems to be starting to use BZIP2
compression for some of its zips.  What other wish list things do
people around here have for zipfile?  I thought I'd collect input here
and make a PEP.
Encryption/decryption support. Will most likely require a C extension since the algorithm relies on ints (or longs, don't remember) wrapping around when the value becomes too large.

I'm trying to use byte-block streams (iterators taking iterables) as the basic structure of getting data in and out. I think the encryption/ decryption can then be plugged in at the right point. If it can be set up properly, you can import the encryption separately and connect it to zipfiles with a call. Would this address what you want? I believe there is an issue actually building in the encryption/decryption in terms of redistribution.

--
-- Scott David Daniels
[EMAIL PROTECTED]