On 4-jan-05, at 19:28, Guido van Rossum wrote:
 The
extra type checking on the first argument that unbound methods are
supposed to provide is not useful in practice (I can't remember that
it ever caught a bug in my code)

It caught bugs for me a couple of times. If I remember correctly I was calling methods of something that was supposed to be a mixin class but I forgot to actually list the mixin as a base. But I don't think that's a serious enough issue alone to keep the unbound method type.

But I'm more worried about losing the other information in an unbound method, specifically im_class. I would guess that info is useful to class browsers and such, or are there other ways to get at that?
--
Jack Jansen, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.cwi.nl/~jack