On 2005 Jan 16, at 12:03, Fredrik Lundh wrote:

Alex Martelli wrote:

Problem: to write unit tests showing that the current copy.py misbehaves with a classic extension
type, I need a classic extension type which defines __copy__ and __deepcopy__ just like /F's
cElementTree does. So, I made one: a small trycopy.c and accompanying setup.py whose only purpose
in life is checking that instances of a classic type get copied correctly, both shallowly and
deeply. But now -- where do I commit this extension type, so that the unit tests in test_copy.py
can do their job...?

Modules/_testcapimodule.c ?

(I'm using the C api to define an extension type, after all...)

Fine with me, if there are no objections I'll alter the patch accordingly and submit it that way.

Thanks,

Alex