I'd like to help develop Python for fun and profit and I've heard that
posting patch reviews to python-dev is a good way to contribute. So
here goes:

PATCH REVIEW: [ 1098732 ]

Skip Montanaro has written a patch which makes it so that you can
inspect variable values in tracebacks. IMHO, it is a brilliant idea
and can make debugging quite alot easier. However, I'm not so fond of
the way that he has implemented it, it needs work. He basically
outputs all names in all stackframes all the way up to the top which
makes the traceback look way to cluttered. He has also implemented it
as a hook to sys.excepthook, I would ike it to be the default way in
which tracebacks are printed, or atleast ctivated by a command line
switch to Python. What does everyone else think? Does Skip's idea have
any merit?

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1098732&group_id=5470&atid=305470

--
mvh Björn