On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:45:18 -0800, Guido van Rossum
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The intended user community must accept the code as "best-of-breed".
> It seems that the Num* community has some work to do in this respect.

I've not followed the num* discussion in quite a while, but my
impression back then was that there wasn't "one" such community.
Instead, the technical differences in the approaches required in
specific fields, regarding things like the relative importance of
memory profiles, speed, error handling, willingness to require modern
C++ compilers, etc. made practical compromises quite tricky.

I would love to be proven wrong.

--david