I'd say I'm +0.  fwiw- I've been using a locally-rolled OrderedDict
implementation for the last 5-6 years in which insertion order is the
only order respected.  I use it all over the place (in a code base of
~60k lines of python code).

so there's another use case for you.  bust as you say, easy to do
yourself...