On 7/28/05, "Martin v. Löwis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'd like to see the Python source be stored in Subversion instead
> of CVS, and on python.org instead of sf.net. To facilitate discussion,
> I have drafted a PEP describing the rationale for doing so, and
> the technical procedure to be performed.

In principle I'm +1 on this (both aspects). I don't know enough to
understand all the subtleties.

I hope we're correctly estimating the effort required to manage the
server and the users. Managing users is especially important -- if a
user is compromised (as has happened in the past for python.org users)
the whole repository is compromised. Now this could happen to SF users
too, but I'm not sure that we know all the tricks in the book to
prevent attacks; SF has been doing this for years and that's an aspect
of SF that I trust (I think I've heard that they have even modified
their SSH server to be stricter).