On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 11:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm completely confused about what, if anything, I need to send to you.  I
> can already access the python.org website repository via svn.  Will I
> automatically get access to the new Python source repository or do I need to
> send you pub key(s)?

I think technically, the answer to that is "yes", you will automatically
get access to the source repo.  The question I have is whether you
/should/ access the source repo that way, or use the shared pythondev
account.  Two unknowns for me are 1) will there be permission problems
that either prevent you from doing this, or once you've committed a
change, will screw pythondev-access?; 2) when we finally get email
notifications worked in, will it still look like your commit is coming
from the right place.  I think the answer to #2 is yes, but I'm not sure
about #1.

> Are dinsdale.python.org and svn.python.org the same
> machine with different IP addresses?  If they are different machines, why

They are the same machine, with different IP addresses.  Anonymous
webdav will require two Apache processes, since different user/groups
are needed and to support different certs for svn.python.org and
(eventually) www.python.org.

-Barry