Hye-Shik Chang wrote:
> On 10/8/05, Nick Coghlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Anyone else seeing any problems with test_cmd_line? I've got a few failures in
>>test_cmd_line on Kubuntu 5.10 with GCC 4.0 relating to a missing "\n" line
>>ending.
>>

> Same problem here. (FreeBSD 6.0 with GCC 3.4.4)
> In my short inspection, popen2.popen4.read() returned just an empty string.

Good to know it isn't just a system quirk, as that's the same behaviour I'm
getting.

I noticed that the ones which appear to be failing (-E, -O, -S, -Q) are the
ones which expect an interactive session to open. The tests which pass (-V,
-h, directory as argument or stdin) are the ones which don't actually start
the interpreter.

If I explicitly write Ctrl-D to the subprocess's stdin for the tests which
open the interpreter, then the tests pass. So it looks like some sort of
buffering problem with standard out not getting flushed before the test tries
to read the data.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia