Ben Decker wrote:
> I think the port has beed supported for three years now. I am not
> sure what kind of commitment you are looking for, but the patch and
> software are supplied under the same terms of liability and warranty
> as anything else under the GPL.

That (licensed under GPL) would be an issue, as we are not accepting
GPL-licensed code. I would guess that you are flexibly in licensing,
though: we would request that you allow us to relicense the contribution
under the terms at

http://www.python.org/psf/contrib.html

The commitment I was looking for was rather a statement like
"I will be maintaining it for several coming years; when I ever
stop maintaining it, feel free to remove the code again".

So it is not that much past history (although this also matters,
and three years of availability is certainly a good record); it
is more important to somehow commit to future support, so that
we are not left alone with code when cannot maintain if you
ever drop out.

Regards,
Martin