On Friday 30 December 2005 06:10, Ka-Ping Yee wrote:
> > In fact, I like it that the basic Python functions
>
> I didn't say anything about renaming functions.  Functions in lowercase
> are one of the naming conventions that Python does follow consistently.

well, it is not consistent when looking at functions versus methods. The best
example here is hasattr() versus dict.has_key().

Overall I agree with your proposal to use a consistent naming style. Whatever
it may turn out to be. We have done the same when we started with Zope 3 and
while having some few inconsistencies, the overall code base benefitted a
lot, I think.

Regards,
Stephan
--