Fredrik Lundh wrote:
>>But for sure, Tkinter is still being maintained by the Python
>>developers (mainly MvL I believe). If it appears stagnant that's
>>probably because Tcl/Tk itself isn't changing much.
>

> afaict, Tcl/Tk 8.5 isn't moving quite as fast as Python 2.5, but they're
> probably a lot closer to a release than the Perl 6 guys...
>
>     http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.5.html

My maintenance focuses on integrating user contributions, plus looking
for the latest Tcl release when doing a Windows build. So new options
to existing widgets, or entire new widgets don't get "automatically"
wrapper classes in Tkinter. Instead, users wanting to make use of
such features are expected to contribute a patch.

I usually catch up with such patches before the next major release,
atleast if the patches are straight-forward.

Regards,
Martin