On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 14:08 -0300, Facundo Batista wrote:

> We can rewrite ConfigParser to store everything and write it back in
> the exact order it took it, with new values at the end of each section
> (or where the user inserted it), but it'll took a big rewrite of the
> module: right now it's using dictionaries and should use lists to
> achieve that behaviour.
>
> What I wanted to add to the module was predicatibility: a very needed
> feature when you're writing test cases (and that's where I got bite).

It's also important when you do crazy things like keep your
configuration files in a revision control system.  That's something that
I do as much as possible.  In general it works great for some thing, and
pretty poorly for others, but when it works it makes keeping systems in
sync or backed up much easier.

-Barry