On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 04:02:43PM -0800, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On 1/17/06, Adam Olsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In-favour-of-%2b-ly y'rs,
> >
> > My only opposition to this is that the byte type may want to use it.
> > I'd rather wait until byte is fully defined, implemented, and released
> > in a python version before that option is taken away.
>
> Has this been proposed? What would %b print?

It was proposed in this or another thread about the same in the last few
days (gmane search doesn't like the % in '%b').

The suggestion is to add 'b' as a sprintf-like format string
  %[<base>][.<pad>]b

Where the optional <base> is the base to print in and <pad> is the optional
minimum length of chars to print (as I recall).  Default is base 2.

Me?  I like it.

-Jack