[Tim Peters]
> test_rude_shutdown() is dicey, relying on a sleep() instead of proper
> synchronization to make it probable that the `listener` thread goes
> away before the main thread tries to connect, but while that race may
> account for bogus TestFailed deaths, it doesn't seem possible that it
> could account for the kind of failure above.

Well, since it's silly to try to guess about one weird failure when a
clear cause for another kind of weird failure is known, I checked in
changes to do "proper" thread synchronization and termination in that
test.  Hasn't failed here since, but that's not surprising (it was
always a "once in a light blue moon" kind of thing).

I'm not sure how/whether this test is supposed to work with Jython --
perhaps the `thread.exit()` I removed could be important there.  The
test relies on that a socket gets closed when a socket object becomes
trash & is reclaimed; in CPython that's easy to control; I don't know
why the test didn't/doesn't simply do an explicit s.close() instead.