Jeroen Demeyer schrieb am 30.07.2018 um 16:40:
> On 2018-07-30 15:35, INADA Naoki wrote:
>> As repeatedly said, PEP 580 is very complicated protocol
>> when just implementing callable object.
>
> Can you be more concrete what you find complicated? Maybe I can improve the
> PEP to explain it more. Also, I'm open to suggestions to make it less
> complicated.
>
>> It is optimized for implementing custom method object, although
>> almost only Cython want the custom method type.
>
> For the record, Numba also seems interested in the PEP:
> https://groups.google.com/a/continuum.io/d/msg/numba-users/2G6k2R92MIM/P-cFKW7xAgAJ

To add to that record, I (briefly) talked to Ronan Lamy about this at
EuroPython and PyPy could also be interested in generalising the call
protocol, especially with the future goal of extending it into a C level
call protocol that their JIT could understand and build a cffi-like
interface on.

Stefan