On 2/8/06, Joao Macaiba <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi. I'm interested in doing an undergraduate project under some Python
> core PEP.
>
> I'm newbie to Python core. Program in C/C++.
>
> I've downloaded the sources with svn and now I'm studying it.
>

> There are 3 PEP accepted :
>
> . 308 : Conditional Expressions
>
> . 328 : Imports: Multi-Line and Absolute/Relative
>
> . 343 : The "with" Statement
>

> I've some questions :
>
> 1. For a newbie in the Python core development, what is the best PEP to
> begin with ?

Wild guess?  308, but that still requires changing the grammar and
editing the AST compiler.  328 will need playing with the import code
which is known to be hairy.  343 has the same needs as 308, but I bet
would be more complicated.

> 2. PEP's "owner" is the one who submitted the proposal or the one who is
> working on it;

Technically it is the person who drew up the proposal and agreed to
carry it through.  Usually, though, they are also the ones willing to
implement it (or at least make sure that happens).

> 3. How do we know what are the developers working on the PEP ?

You ask just like you are.  =)  Otherwise you just have to listen on
python-dev for anyone to mention they are working on it.

-Brett