My thought on lambda at the moment is that it's too VERBOSE.

If a syntax for anonymous functions is to pull its weight,
it needs to be *very* concise. The only time I ever consider
writing a function definition in-line is when the body is
extremely short, otherwise it's clearer to use a def instead.

Given that, I do *not* have the space to waste with 6 or 7
characters of geeky noise-word.

So my vote for Py3k is to either

1) Replace lambda args: value with

   args -> value

or something equivalently concise, or

2) Remove lambda entirely.

University of Canterbury,          | Carpe post meridiam!                 |
Christchurch, New Zealand          | (I'm not a morning person.)          |