>> Ditto.  In addition, we already have queues.  Do we really need to
    >> use a homonym that means something entirely different?  (Hint:
    >> consider the added difficulty for non-native English speakers).

    Guido> Right. As a non-native speaker I can confirm that for English
    Guido> learners, "cue" is a bit mysterious at first while "hint" is
    Guido> obvious.

Guido, you're hardly your typical non-native speaker.  I think your English
may be better than mine. ;-) At any rate, I was thinking of some of the
posts I see on c.l.py where it requires a fair amount of detective work just
to figure out what the poster has written, what with all the incorrect
grammar and wild misspellings.  For that sort of person I can believe that
"cue", "queue" and "kew" might mean exactly the same thing...

Skip