Hi,

I'm digging into the Python bug tracker history and I found links to
Subversion commits:
"Fixed in r77062 (trunk), r77063 (py3k)."
https://bugs.python.org/issue1811#msg96910

Roundup adds links which are redirected:

* https://hg.python.org/lookup/r77062 ->
https://svn.python.org/view?view=revision&revision=77062
* https://hg.python.org/lookup/r77063 ->
https://svn.python.org/view?view=revision&revision=77063

Problem: the svn.python.org links require me to log in with an
username and password, and I don't know how to log in. If I cancel the
prompt, it fails with: an HTTP Error 401 "Unauthorized".

Who manages this Subversion server? Would it be possible to remove
this authentication?

I know that the Misc/svnmap.txt file in Python contains a mapping from
Subversion to Mercurial commits, but Python now uses Git, so it's not
convenient. Maybe a new file mapping Subversion to Git commits should
be created? Or the https://hg.python.org/lookup/ service should
redirect to Mercurial commits at least.

Using this map, I was able to manually retrieve the r77062 commit:
https://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/c4e60988834df0fd437ae3422da0cab4acd6fce0

Victor