On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 8:31 AM Jelle Zijlstra <jelle.zijls...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> El vie, 8 oct 2021 a las 0:54, Paul Moore (<p.f.mo...@gmail.com>)
> escribió:
>
>> Also, note that I automatically used a type of int->int up there. As
>> someone else asked, is that form allowed, or is it required to be
>> (int)->int? In my view, if we require the latter, I expect there will
>> be a *lot* of people making that mistake and having to correct it.
>>

> That's not something we discussed before. I'd be OK with allowing this
> unless it makes the grammar too ambiguous.

Even if it didn't make the grammar ambiguous (and I think it doesn't, as
long as the argument type isn't a union or another callable type), I'd be
against this.

An argument list is not a tuple, and we don't allow omitting the
parentheses in other call-related situations: you can't write "def f x:
return x+1" and you can't write "f 42". Allowing the omission of the
parentheses here would be inconsistent (even if some other languages allow
it).

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)
*Pronouns: he/him **(why is my pronoun here?)*