> On 18 Jan 2023, at 15:35, Frederick Virchanza Gotham
> <cauldwell.tho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 3:07 PM Jason McKesson wrote:
>>
>> Also, this proposal seems to be missing the biggest issue with
>> cross-language exception handling: the fact that you can't throw
>> exceptions across languages. The only thing you *can* do is catch
>> exceptions on the source language end, convert them into some data
>> packet, and throw a different exception on the destination language
>> side.
>

> Yes this is what I had in mind. Behind the scenes, the C++ compiler
> would catch the Python exception and then throw something that C++ can
> deal with "such as std::aliens::python::exception".

In PyCXX I allows exceptions to go into and out of python and C++.
https://cxx.sourceforge.net/

You can raise in C++ go into python and back into C++ and the exception arrives
as expected.
You can riase in Python fo into C++ and back to Python and again the exception
arrives as expected.
 That is as long as its a python exception.

Barry