>> I just noticed that cProfile (like profile) prints to stdout.  Yuck.

    Guido> Can you clarify? Why is it wrong to send the output of the
    Guido> profiler to stdout?

If the program emits a bunch of output of its own I want to keep it separate
from what is arguably the debug output of the profiler (even though the
profiler prints all its output at the end):

    foo.py > /dev/null 2> foo.prof

    Guido> It seems to make sense to me that you should be able to redirect
    Guido> the profiler's output to a file with a simple ">file".

It is currently impossible to separate profile output from the program's
output.

Skip