Fredrik Lundh wrote:
 >     d) If Python was started from a standard Python interpreter,

My understanding matches Guido's description, so I'm not sure any changes are
needed.  Since an embedding application can provide an alternate API to the
needed information, that seems sufficient.

That said, option "d" seems like a reasonable approach as well, and I'd have
no objection to the change.  I suggest the sys.application instead of
sys.app_executable for the new variable, but that's minor.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>