Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 10:39 +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
>
>> Perhaps that Jira is commercial, so it is out of the question for most
>> open-source Python applications.
>
> Sorry, I don't follow.  Why is a commercial product out of the question
> for Python?

What I answered to was:

"""
from what I can tell, no big contemporary Python project use Atlassian.
they all use Trac.  there are thousands of Python developers out there
that are used to working with Trac.

I'm obviously missing something here.
"""

I'm not saying it's out of the question for Python, I'm saying that it's
out of the question for most open-source projects, which don't have the
money or don't want to spend the money on a mere bug tracker, and that
this may be the reason that Jira isn't used widely by Python programmers.

Georg