At 07:38 AM 4/28/2006 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>On 4/28/06, A.M. Kuchling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >       - wsgiref to the standard library
> >         (Owner: Phillip Eby)
>
>I still hope this can go in; it will help web framework authors do the
>right thing long term.

I doubt I'll have time to write documentation for it before alpha 3.  If
it's okay for the docs to wait for one of the beta releases -- or better
yet, if someone could volunteer to create rough draft documentation that I
could just then edit --  then it shouldn't be a problem getting it in and
integrated.

However, just to avoid the sort of thing that happened with setuptools, I
would suggest, Guido, that you make a last call for objections on the
Web-SIG, which has previously voiced more criticism of wsgiref than the
Distutils-SIG ever had about setuptools.  Granted, most of the Web-SIG
comments were essentially feature requests, but some complained about the
presence of the handler framework.  Anyway, after the setuptools flap I'm a
little shy of checking in a new library without a little more visible
process.  :)