Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> > I.e., why not just document that the arguments should
> > be used as keyword arguments, and leave it at that.
>
> Because they wouldn't be keyword-only arguments, then.

which reminds me of the following little absurdity gem from the language
reference:

    The following identifiers are used as keywords of the language, and
    cannot be used as ordinary identifiers. They must be spelled exactly
    as written here: /.../

(maybe it's just me).

btw, talking about idioms used in the language reference, can any of the
native speakers on this list explain if "A is a nicer way of spelling B" means
that "A is preferred over B", "B is preferred over A", "A and B are the same
word and whoever wrote this is just being absurd", or anything else ?

</F>