On 5/26/06, Tim Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[Bob Ippolito]
> Given the interchangeability of int and
> long, I don't foresee any other complications with this change.
>
> Thoughts?

+1, and for 2.5.  Even int() doesn't always return an int anymore, and it's just stupid to bear the burden of an unbounded long when it's not really needed.

Completely agreed. We've been unifying longs and integers for whole releases, I cannot imagine anyone not getting the hint. Ints and longs are the same thing, deal with it. Whether you get an int or a long for a particular value is a platform-dependant accident anyway (people seem to be ignoring 64-bit hardware all the time... I know Tim does :)

--
Thomas Wouters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>