Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Georg Brandl wrote:
>> Isn't there at least a GCC __attribute__((deprecated))?
>
> Yes, but it applies to functions only. I guess you could make
> a __deprecated__ function, and then expand METH_OLDARGS to a
> call of that function. That won't help in cases where there are
> no flags given at all in the method structures.

I thought more about PyArg_Parse for __deprecated__.

If you look at the patch on SF, it's creating warnings whenever
a new CFunction is created with a METH_OLDARGS flag. I'm not sure
this is the right way since it may mean that users of extensions
using METH_OLDARGS might get a warning each time they get a
bound method using it.

Georg