On Friday 13 October 2006 07:00, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> Kristján V. Jónsson schrieb:
> > This is an improvement of another 3.5 %.
> > In all, we have a performance increase of more than 10%.
> > Granted, this is from a single set of runs, but I think we should start
> > considering to make PCBuild8 a "supported" build.
>
> What do you mean by that? That Python 2.5.1 should be compiled with
> VC 2005? Something else (if so, what)?

I don't think we should switch the "official" compiler for a point release.
I'm happy to say something like "we make the PCbuild8 environment a supported
compiler", which means we need, at a bare minimum, a buildbot slave for that
compiler/platform. Kristján, is this something you can offer?

Without a buildbot for that compiler, I don't think we can claim it's
supported. There's plenty of platforms we "support" which don't have
buildslaves, but they're all variants of Unix - I'm happy that they are all
mostly[1] sane.

Anthony

[1] Offer void on some versions of HP/UX, Irix, AIX <wink>
--
Anthony Baxter     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>