At 01:25 PM 2/17/2007 +0200, KoDer wrote:
>C:\\Python25\\lib\\. contain *many* packages with .dll files - i can't
>just zip it.
>wxPython,pyOpenGL,PIL,tk and so on. On Fedora 6 more than 40% dirs of
>/usr/lib/site-packages contained .so files. Some of them add dirs to path
>(wx,PIL,Gtk,...).

I'm not talking about the subdirectories under lib, just lib itself.  That
is, the Python standard library.  Stdlib DLLs are in a separate
subdirectory ('DLLs' on Windows, 'lib-dynload' most other places).

>Are setuptools can  work properly with packages packed in one big zip archive
>(i really don't known)?

I don't follow you; this has nothing to do with setuptools.  It's a feature
of Python since version 2.3, but as far as I know nobody's ever set up the
build machinery to create the necessary zipfile when Python is
installed.  Perhaps that would be a nice place to begin your patch: a
script to create a stdlib zipfile in the platform-appropriate location,
that can run after the bytecode compilation of the stdlib modules, or that
users can run on older versions of Python to do the same thing.