On 3/11/07, Christian Heimes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jon Ribbens schrieb:
> > I see you snipped without response my request to back up your claim
> > that "assuming that a date() is a datetime() with a time of midnight
> > will clearly break that logic".
>
> I've another idea. Date and datetime objects are compared by date. The
> date object for a given date is always smaller than the datetime for the
> same day - even for midnight.

I really don't understand what the problem is with having a date()
behave like a proper temporal interval.  The only person complaining
about that interpretation acknowledged that for his purposes, it would
be better than the status quo.  And I have yet to see a use case where
being consistent with temporal interval logic is a problem.

STeVe
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy