Curt Hagenlocher wrote:

I've found the documentation for CreateProcess
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682425.aspx) to be pretty
reliable.  And the mention of a ".com" in the docs suggests that the
description has been around for a while...

And I just described it as pretty vague ;-)

Reading it again, I realize that I completely missed the part that says:

"If the file name does not contain an extension, .exe is appended. Therefore, if the file name extension is .com, this parameter must include the .com extension. If the file name ends in a period (.) with no extension, or if the file name contains a path, .exe is not appended."

</F>