2009/1/5 "Martin v. Löwis" <mar...@v.loewis.de>:

> All existing associations between versions and issues stay as they are.
> I don't quite understand what the problem is. Yes, the versions were
> "retired" (in roundup speak), and yes, issues that were originally
> associated with the retired versions stay associated. So what is the
> problem with that?

The problem is that I don't have a way to find out the relation
number-name for the versions (see below).

> (there might also be an XML-RPC interface to do that). OTOH, if you had
> downloaded the list of versions once, you can trust that each id

I didn't download the list versions once, so far I got it everytime
from the server (it was cheap, because it's short, and I don't have
the issue of the local copy becoming obsolete if something changed).

How I donwloaded it everytime? I went to

  http://bugs.python.org/version

and parsed the id and name for each line. But I can not do this anymore.

> continues to mean what it meant on creation, so you might want to look
> only for updates (i.e. newer ids).

I guess I could do this, if there's no other way to have all the (id,
name) pairs for all the existing version values.

Thank you!

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/