On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Michele Simionato
<michele.simion...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> This probably should have gone to the python-ideas list.  In any case, I
>> think it needs to start with a clear offer from Michele (directly or relayed
>> by you) to contribute it to the PSF with the usual conditions.
>
> I have no problem to contribute the module to the PSF and to maintain it.
> I would just prefer to have the ability to change the function signature in
> the core language rather than include in the standard library a clever hack.

Flipping Michele's commit bit (if he wants it) is overdue.  A quick
google doesn't show he refused it in the past, but the same search
shows the things things he did do - including the explication of MRO
in 2.3 (http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.3/mro/).  Plus he's
a softie for decorators, as am I.

-Jack