On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.ta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Notice that from the beginning, the unixcompiler class options are
> never used if the option has been customized
> in distutils.sysconfig and present in the Makefile, so we need to
> clean this behavior as well at some point, and document
> the customization features.

Indeed, I have never bothered much with this part, though. Flags
customization with distutils is too awkward to be useful in general
for something like numpy IMHO, I just use scons instead when I need
fine grained control.

> By the way, do you happen to have a buildbot or something that builds numpy ?

We have a buildbot:

http://buildbot.scipy.org/

But I don't know if that's easy to set up such as both python and
numpy are built from sources.

> If not it'll be very interesting:  I wouldn't mind having one numpy
> track running on the Python trunk and receiving
> mails if something is broken.

Well, I would not mind either :)

David