On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:27:05PM -0800, Collin Winter wrote:
> Platform Support
> ================
[...]
> In order to support hardware and software platforms where LLVM's JIT
> does not work, Unladen Swallow provides a ``./configure
> --without-llvm`` option. This flag carves out any part of Unladen
> Swallow that depends on LLVM, yielding a Python binary that works
> and passes its tests, but has no performance advantages. This
> configuration is recommended for hardware unsupported by LLVM, or
> systems that care more about memory usage than performance.

I just compiled with the --without-llvm option and see that the
binary, while only an acceptable 4.1M, still links with libstdc++.  Is
it possible to completely get rid of the C++ dependency if this option
is used?  Introducing a C++ dependency on all platforms for no
additional benefit (with --without-llvm) seems like a bad tradeoff to
me.

Regards
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom