On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM, Piotr Ożarowski <pi...@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Many Python module developers do not want their work to be distributed
> by Debian (and probably by other Linux distributions), here's a list of
> hints that will help you accomplish that goal:

Great hints, I'll try to follow them... and they could make a good
section in the Hitchhiker's guide to packaging ;)

[...]
> * ignore FHS (you're using Windows after all); use __file__ whenever
>  you can,

You should be permissive on that one. Until we know how to describe
resource files properly,
__file__ is what developer use when they need their projects to be portable..

Notice that we have started to work on fixing this -
http://hg.python.org/distutils2/file/tip/docs/design/wiki.rst

Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org