On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On that basis I'm +1 on Alexandre's proposal. A 3rd party planning on
> working on a 2.8 release (not that I think such a party currently
> exists) can step up and extract the relevant tickets for their later
> reference if they feel the need. Let's not stop moving forward for the
> convenience of a hypothetical 2.8 development team.

Yes, closing the tickets as "won't fix" and tagging them as
"will-never-happen-in-2.x" or something, is the best combination of
both worlds: it will clean the tracker and ease further developments,
and will allow anybody to pick up those tickets later.

(I'm +1 too to Alexandre's proposal, btw)

--
.    Facundo

PyAr: http://www.python.org/ar/