On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:36 AM, Reid Kleckner wrote:

> (Somwhat off-topic):  Another pain point students had was accidentally
> shadowing stdlib modules, like random.  Renaming the file didn't solve
> the problem either, because it left behind .pycs, which I had to help
> them delete.

I feel your pain.  It seems like every third person who starts playing with
Twisted starts off by making a file called 'twisted.py' and then getting really
confused by the behavior.  I would love it if this could be fixed, but I
haven't yet thought of a solution that would be less confusing than the problem
itself.