Mark Lawrence <breamore...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> I admit that when I sent this off last night, I felt rather better
> after for having let off a bit of steam.
[…]
> Nobody has been at all really negative. I think that this is a
> tremendous way of saying what a wonderful community Python is, long
> may it be that way. So at least when I rant, everyone to my knowledge
> sees it as a positive rant, if you can understand that.
[…]

I'm glad that this was a positive experience in the end for you, but I
do wish it could have been done without the rant actually appearing
here. In my experience, there will likely be many people who were
affected negatively by the message containing that rant and simply
didn't say so, but they will enjoy this community less as a result.

What I find very helpful in these cases is to put all my vitriol into
the rant, bask in it, and then *delete it unsent*. That way, I'm not
spreading the bad emotion any further than my desk, and it truly is
cathartic so I can sleep soundly. A win all around.

> How can I sum up what I think about Python, that's fairly easy.
> www.python.org is bookmarked as Home Sweet Home, can I say any more?
> Thank you all for your kindness, and please note that I've again been
> plugging away today and rather enjoying myself.

Thanks again for your achievements in improving Python, and best wishes
in dealing with whatever life deals you.

--
 \     “Here is a test to see if your mission on earth is finished. If |
  `\                          you are alive, it isn't.” —Francis Bacon |