At 04:29 PM 7/25/2010 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
So, while I can understand Guido's temptation (PEP 380 *is* pretty
cool), I'm among those that hope he resists that temptation. Letting
these various ideas bake a little longer without syntactic support
likely won't hurt either.

Well, if somebody wants to clean up my syntax-sugar-free version a little (maybe adding a "From.return_(value)" staticmethod that raises StopIteration(value)) and throw it in the stdlib, then people can certainly experiment with the feature in 3.2, and get an opportunity to iron out any implementation issues before going to the C-and-sugared version later.