Am 26.09.2010 12:55, schrieb Dirkjan Ochtman:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been working on the conversion more (since my thesis got
> finished). I finally wrote the script that splits the release branches
> from the feature branches, so that we can include the former in the
> main repository and keep the latter in separate clones as needed.
> Next, I wanted to look into tags. There's a big list of tags (see
> below), and I wonder if I should clean that up or if we should leave
> it as-is. For example, it might be interesting to bring old release
> tags in line with newer tags (so Release_1_0 would become r10), or
> maybe use clean tags similar to what we do with hg itself (r266 would
> become just 2.6.6), or just remove some tags. Is this a good idea at
> all, or should we just leave everything the way it is now?

I'd remove as many tags as makes sense, only keeping the release tags.
Most others were made to quickly go back to a version before some change
happened; however nobody would want to go back there anymore now.
Just like my *-before-rstdocs tags, which I guess nobody ever used.

As for how to call the releases, while I'd prefer a bit less cryptic names,
keeping the rXYZ convention is fine with me.

Georg