On 24/09/2010 12:06, Vinay Sajip wrote:
http://plumberjack.blogspot.com/2010/09/improved-queuehandler-queuelistener.html

Cool, how can I use it in Python 2.6? :-)

1. Copy the top part (imports, QueueHandler and QueueListener classes) from the
Gist linked to in the article - http://gist.github.com/591699 - into a utility
module you can use again and again.

Thanks!

Although my comment was a light hearted dig from my point of view that the components of the standard library should be separately packaged and a python distribution should just be a "known good set" of these packages...

Were that the case, users of Python 2.5, 2.6 *and* 2.7 could benefit from your good work :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk