Hi Daniel,

Thanks for putting this together.  I am a huge supporter of benchmarking
efforts.  My brief comment is below.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 11:52 AM, DasIch <dasdas...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 1. Definition of the benchmark suite. This will entail contacting
> developers of Python implementations (CPython, PyPy, IronPython and
> Jython), via discussion on the appropriate mailing lists. This might
> be achievable as part of this proposal.

If you are reaching out to other projects at this stage, I think you should
also be in touch with the Cython people  (even if its 'implementation'
sits on top of CPython).

As a scientist/engineer what I care about is how Cython benchmarks to
CPython.  I believe that they have some ideas on benchmarking and have
also explored this space.  Their inclusion would be helpful to me thinking
this GSoC successful at the end of the day (summer).

Thanks for your consideration.
Be Well
Anthony