At 12:32 PM 6/25/2011 -0400, R. David Murray wrote:
So your proposed code would allow me, when writing a generator in
my code, do something that would allow me to yield up all the
values from an arbitrary generator I'm calling, over which I have
no control (ie: I can't modify its code)?

With a decorator on your own function, yes.  See:

  http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-July/102320.html

for details. Mostly, though, that proposal was a suggestion for how the "optimized" implementation would work - i.e., a suggestion that PEP 380 be implemented that way under the hood, by implicitly turning 'yield from' into 'yield From()' and wrapping the generator itself with another From() instance.

(IOW, that was a proposal for how to avoid the extra overhead of recursive yielding in a series of nested yield-from's.)