Hello

This is my first post after I just have subscribed to the Python-Dev mailing
list. In this context, the welcome confirmation message suggested to introduce
myself.

My name is Octavian Soldea and I am with the Python optimization team in DSLOT
group in Intel, Santa Clara, California. In the past I have received a PhD in
Computer Science from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology in Computer
Vision.

I would like to ask regarding the possibility of compiling Python with lto
only. My question is if is the community interested to enable the possibility
of compiling Python with lto only, i.e. without pgo? I have followed
https://bugs.python.org/issue29243
and
https://bugs.python.org/issue29641
however, it is not clear if the separate compilation is already implemented. In
my opinion this is a good option since pgo is not always desired.

Best regards,
  Octavian