Hello,

Im trying to compile a script with py2exe. The pickle module is causing the
program to give an error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SETIstat.pyw", line 330, in ?
  File "SETIstat.pyw", line 84, in start_up
  File "SETIstat.pyw", line 79, in config_load
  File "pickle.pyc", line 1390, in load
  File "pickle.pyc", line 872, in load
  File "pickle.pyc", line 985, in load_string
LookupError: unknown encoding: string-escape

the data in the pickled file is a dictionary containing a couple strings. The
strings do contain \n and \t charaters but no other special characters or
anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to get around this? The
pickle module works fine when the .pyw file is run. Its only when I compile this
is there an issue.

Thanks for any help,

Justin