[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I would highly appreciate if someone could help me with how to
> proceed (step-by-step) to get started and use the eyeD3 library
> in Windows?
>
> Many thanks in advance!

It appears that you need to do as follows:

Extract the tar.gz to a temporary directory.

rename 'eyeD3-6.13\src\eyeD3\__init__.py.in'
to 'eyeD3-6.13\src\eyeD3\__init__.py'

run 'python setup.py.in install' from
the eyeD3-6.13 directory.

(It appears you may have extracted the files into the site-packages
directory; if so, move them somewhere else before running the
commands.)

I have just done this and

from eyeD3.tag import *

completes successfully. There is some reference to a C library in
the build files, but no importing of it in the source code, so this
might just make it appear to install but not actually work, I don't
know.

The steps I outlined only install the library, the eyeD3 utility is
not installed. If you want to use it, you need to drop it somewhere
in your path and give windows some way to find it, by wrapping it in
a batch file or renaming it to eyeD3.py and making .py files
executable or whatever.

You might also give mutagen a look, I settled on it last time I went
looking for an id3 library:

http://www.sacredchao.net/quodlibet/wiki/Development/Mutagen

(I was not using if for writing though)

max